If you wish to receive an email notification whenever a new training is posted, just let us know.
- Please RSVP with the contact Training leader to aid in planning.
- Check out a suggested gear list for an idea of what to bring on a snow training.
- For insurance purposes, every participant of a TNSAR training must sign on for a civil defense card issued through the Office of Emergency Services (OES). Placer County is the local issuing agency for the card; if you need to sign on please call the sheriff's substation in Tahoe City for more information. Members of other Search and Rescue Teams (with current California State OES Card) may be welcome; please check with the training leader.
- A nice training refresh is Randall's Map and Compass presentation, which you can find here.
- If you provide a training, or otherwise require a reimbursement from TNSAR (for lunch subsidy, equipment purchase, etc), please use this form for reimbursement.
- For training leaders, please fax a training log to Katrina Kane at 530.889.7866 after each training.
- The TNSAR garage is located at 223 Fairway Drive in Tahoe City, next to the Tahoe City Fire Department. FEBRUARY 11 (Sat) -- MYSTERY TOUR
- Where: TBA
- When: 8:00am Team Garage
- Contact: Geoff Quine (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Martis Peak
- When: 12:00pm Team Garage
- Contact: Scott Meyer (use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Martis Peak Area
- When: 8:30am Team Garage; 9:00am Martis Peak area
- Contact: Kyle Railton /1(use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: team garage
- When: 6.00pm Team Garage
- Contact: Devin Heimstra or Peter Y /1(use current callout list for phone #)
- Where: Tahoe City
- When: 8:00am Team Garage
- Contact: Ray O'brien (use current callout list for phone #)
|Come on out with current Board member Geoff Quine. Where are you going? Who cares? On the menu for the day will be a stout tour, navigation & avy skills, and of course top notch camaraderie!|
FEBRUARY 11 (Sat) -- SNOWCAT OPERATIONS
|Calibrating the new GPS unit on the snowcat.|
FEBRUARY 12 (Sun) -- SNOWMOBILE AND SNOCAT TRAINING
|Smowmobile and snowcat training utilizing portable repeater, navigation systems, radio use. a strong right thumb is recommended|
FEBRUARY 15 (Wed) -- RECCO TRAINING
|it will run a couple hours and we will start inside and then head outside on the golf course to practice. People will need to bring headlamps and skis|
FEBRUARY 24 (Fri) -- SNOWCAT 101
Training is an essential part of the Team's activities--new skills are learned, old skills honed, dormant skills rewakened. Please arrive at the garage ready to depart. Noted times are for departure. Be sure to come to the Team trainings equipped with personal gear--specialized equipment can be borrowed from the Team truck. The Team Garage is located at 223 Fairway Drive, Tahoe City behind the Chevron Station.